Here is a perfect weeknight lemon rosemary chicken thigh dish that you and your family will love. Not only is it loaded with flavor, it is quick, easy and prepared in just one skillet.
You are going to love the amazing flavor you get from the timeless combination of fresh rosemary, lemon, and sautéed shallots. This is sure to become a new family favorite that is healthy and delicious.
If you like this recipe – be sure to explore our signature Family Favorites Menu Plans for more delightful and simple recipes your family will love!
Tip: We recommend using organic lemons in this dish since the rind is left on during cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
3 T. unsalted butter, divided
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 medium shallots, sliced thin
1 c. chicken stock, preferably organic
1½ T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 16-oz. bag frozen broccoli
1 medium organic lemon, sliced and cut into small, thin wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper. Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and sliced shallots to skillet. Sauté shallots, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the frozen broccoli and thin lemon wedges. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp tender and chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh. Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, you’re going to really love our Family Favorites Menu Plans featuring delicious, easy recipes just like this your entire family will love!
Are you a member of our “Refer A Friend” program?
If not, click the link above to find out how you can earn 50% of every purchase your friends and family members make!! 🙂