These savory Thai chicken thighs are perfect when you are looking for a quick and delicious dinner recipe. This affordable Thai chicken thigh recipe is made in your Instant Pot®, which means you can serve this dish on this busy weeknights. (Using chicken thighs in this recipe keeps it affordable, moist and juicy). If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they can be shredded to make easy, healthy lettuce wraps for lunch the next day.
Instant Pot® Success Tip: Liquid ratio matters so be sure to add enough liquid to the peanut sauce prior to cooking. If the sauce is too thick, the Instant Pot® may not reach proper pressure. If you decide to add more peanut butter, you will want to be sure you adjust the amount of liquid also.
Tip: To get the nice browning effect shown in these images, transfer the chicken thighs to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil after cooking. Brush each side generously with the peanut sauce and place under a broiler set to high for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
2 T. sesame oil
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2/3 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. sugar-free peanut butter
1/4 c. gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. honey, preferably local
1-1/2 T. Sriracha sauce
2 t. fresh ginger
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Fresh cilantro, chopped
½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped
3-4 green onions, cut into thin slices
- Add sesame oil to Instant Pot® and set the “Sauté” setting to high. Working in batches, brown the chicken thighs, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat this process with remaining thighs. Remove and set aside on a platter.
- Pour chicken broth into hot container and gently scrape up brown bits from bottom. Add peanut butter to the hot liquid and stir until completed melted. Add soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the metal rack to the Instant Pot® and place the browned chicken thighs on top.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot® will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid when finished and transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Optional: To thicken sauce, select the “Sauté” setting and heat, stirring continually, until the excess liquid is reduced and the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Turn Instant Pot® off and return the chicken thighs and the juices that accumulated on the platter to the sauce and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, and green onions, if desired. Serve immediately with extra peanut sauce and your favorite sides.
If you like this savory Thai chicken thigh recipe, you will love our Family Friendly Menu Plans!
Save $10 on our convenient annual plan with coupon code Save10!