This delicious chicken and broccoli alfredo dish is sure to become a favorite for you and your family!
The enduring appeal of classic Alfredo sauce lies in its simplicity. Featuring a luxurious blend of heavy cream, real butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, traditional Alfredo sauce delivers incredibly rich flavor without a lot of fuss.
This version builds upon the classic ingredients with the addition of rich cream cheese and fresh garlic. In addition, the heavy cream is replaced with a lighter blend of half & half and chicken broth. The results? A creamy, delicious and easy sauce that appears much more complicated than it actually is. This one is sure to become a new family favorite!
Tip: To prevent curdling, remove half and half from refrigerator when starting this recipe so it is less cold when added to the hot ingredients.
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets (reserve stalk and stems for another use) – or 1 12 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. half & half (not low fat),
- ½ c. organic chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste,
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the fettuccine while preparing the sauce so the noodles are still warm when ready to toss with the other ingredients.
- Prepare broccoli by placing florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwave ovens, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly. When finished, drain to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Add garlic and butter to a saucepan and turn heat to medium. Sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes before adding cream cheese, half & half, and chicken broth. Continue cooking while stirring constantly until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring for about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken, broccoli and cooked fettuccine noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the sauce to the bowl and gently toss until thoroughly combined.
- Top with chopped parsley and more freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!